Table of Contents
Amazing Frog Tattoos Ideas in 2021 may seem an odd choice for a design, but there are probably some things about frogs that may surprise you. When you consider their popularity in our society today plus the meanings of frogs in many different cultures, you will see why frog tattoos may not be so odd after all.
Frogs are amphibians that have long hind legs, a short body, webbed fingers and toes, protruding eyes and no tail. There are over 5,000 different species of frogs and they come in all colors including many shades of green, brown, bright orange, blue, red, yellow and even spotted to name a few.
Japanese Frog Tattoo
For some cultures frogs are seen as sacred and for others good luck. Below is how some cultures portray them:
- North American Coastal Tribes – Prosperity and wealth
- Native American Tribes – The Great Rainmaker
- China – Prosperity in business and healing
- Japan – Energy and perseverance
- Ancient Egypt – Symbol and life and the protector on the journey to the afterlife, life and fertility
- Borneo – Creator of Men
- The Haida – Harmony and to keep the balance
- Western Cultures – Good luck
- Greeks and Romans – Fertility and harmony
- Scotland – Good luck
Bone Frog Tattoo
Frogs have also been popular in folklore, fairy tales, literature, films, television, music, comic books and video games just to name a few. Do you these famous amphibians?
- The Frog Prince – Fairy tale
- Kermit The Frog – Sesame Street and The Muppet Show
- The Punk Frogs – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Dig ’em – Honey Smacks cereal
- Michigan J Frog – Looney Tunes
- Frogger – Frogger
- Battletoads – Battletoads
- Bufo and Bunda – The Kine Saga
- Carden – The Adventures of Victor and Max
- The Hypnotoad – Futurama
- Baron Dante – Croc the Legend of Gobbos and Croc 2
- King Solomon’s Frogs – Marvel Comics
- Mr. Toad – Wind In The Willows children’s book
- Trevor – Harry Potter
- Tijuana Toads – Film
- Shrek – Film
- Meet The Robinson’s – Film
- Hoppity Hooper – Animated series
- Joy To The World – song by Three Dog Night (“Jeremiah was a bullfrog”)
- The Three Budweiser Frogs (Bud, Wei and Ser) – Budweiser beer ads
Money Frog Tattoo
As you can see, frogs are everywhere, and as some people may view them as slimy and as the giver of warts, (which is not true by the way), most people find them fun, unique and a cute little creature.
If you are considering a Amazing Frog Tattoos Ideas in 2021, you will have a huge variety of design options to choose from. Since there are so many different colored species of frogs, this allows you to have a very distinctive and vibrant tattoo.
You can choose from famous frogs, cartoon designs or life-like images that can be in the water, on land or even jumping. You can have fun designing your frog tattoo and it will be something that you will love forever.
What do frog tattoos represent?
Frog symbolism is of profound truth, transformation, and change as this animal goes through various stages of metamorphosis, so the spirit animal pushes us to similar alterations.
It helps us connect to our emotions and give us the drive we need to eject negativity from our lives, as this spirit animal cannot co-exist in a toxic environment.