One of the big-name celebrities who have a white tattoo is Lindsay Lohan who has the world ‘breathe’ written on the inside of her wrist. The best part about white tattoos is that it can be very private. Especially when you make the white tattoo small and simple – the white tattoo can be your personal message to the world. The words ‘just for you’ hence is very popular amongst white tattoos. Small hearts, Celtic and tribal designs also look good on white tattoos.
Table of Contents
Best White Ink Tattoo Designs & Ideas
Though white tattoos have gained popularity, there are still some issues related to white tattoos which need to be kept in mind if you are contemplating to get a white tattoo done. These are:
- People with slightly darker or tanned skin find it difficult to take in adequate white ink, for their white tattoo to show brightly.
- Many people have adverse reactions to white ink used for the tattooing. Rate of reaction to white ink is more than reactions which people have with colored ink.
- Instances of white tattoos swelling and itching are not rare.
- White tattoos some times result in oozing. This shows that the skin is not accepting the white ink at all.
- White tattoos are not good for areas of the skin which are constantly exposed to the sun and nature. This is because white ink can fade if exposed to the sun too frequently. Thus you have to select an area of your body, which is kept covered most of the time, like chest, back, underside of the arm. White tattoos are not advised on the hands.
White Ink Tattoo On Black Skin Designs
White tattoos are different from the colored tattoos in more ways than one. The skin tone and pigmentation on which it is designed plays an important role in its overall appearance. Generally the fairer or whiter the skin, the longer the whiteness will remain.
White Ink Flower Tattoos
White Ink Heart Tattoo
White Ink Feather Tattoos Ideas
White Ink Wrist Tattoos
On the other hand, if your skin is too fair, the white tattoo will hardly show, and look more like a scar. Interestingly, if your skin tone is dark, the white tattoo will not be visible at all, as the natural skin tone will grow to cover up the tattoo!
Even then, white tattoos are not to be abandoned completely. You should go for it, but just remember that the white tattoo will be more subtle than others.